Friday, June 26, 2009

absolutely random



Just finished my daily morning bowl of cereal.. as I sat slurping up any remnants of the milk I started thinking about how much I look forward to the taste of the milk after soaked the cereal...

Obviously now my cereal choices are quite boring (rice chex, raisin bran, kashi shredded wheat) but the milk still tastes scrumdiddlyumptious!!!

As a little kid my favorite cereals to eat (because they made the milk taste AMAZING) were Lucky Charms, Trix, Cocoa Puffs, Fruit Loops, and Captain Crunch.. I loved dipping my buttery toast in the milk too- something about that sweet and salty combination! Just thinking about it makes me want to go out and buy some "kids" cereals so I can re-live my childhood memory!!!

How do you guys feel... do you like to drink the milk after eating cereal and if so... what cereals flavor the milk just to your liking?!?

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Gross...I think that sugary milk is the worst...I never liked "kids" cereal anyway...maybe because we never had it. My dad made breakfast every morning while my mom got us ready. But now I live on everything Kashi! I throw a Special K variety in there sometimes too for when I need a treat...but I do not drink the milk!

cheeks said...

you're funny! I DO love the milk! No special cereal with it...i've totally been on a cereal kick lately...well, i also loved it when i was pregnant, mostly because it was easy to fix AND cleanup after a long day of work! If i'm up late now and i get a little munchy before bed, i totally have a bowl of cereal! My favorite right now is LIFE brown sugar and cinnamon...it's the new one. Definitely not one of the healthy ones (although i add Fiberone pellets to it), but DANG it's good!!

Jessie said...

Im new here and I thought I would throw out my 2 cents!

Me no likey the milk afterwards!!!

BUT.....

I LOVE CEREAL! {all kinds} So that counts for something right?

Matt Glenn said...

Do you have a life?

Jodi said...

Yes, Matt she has a life...a great life...but if you only let super important thoughts consume your mind at all times you would go crazy! Jess I am glad you blogged about cereal...it was funny to see how many people also think about cereal enough to comment on it...maybe we don’t have a life either!
I love you Jess!