So one of my regular reads No Sex in the City posted a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in the month of July.. I have been thinking how I could really use a bump in spirituality and for me personally this seems to be a great answer.. I am not sure how many of you still read this blog but I want to extend the invitation to all of you. I know it won't be easy, but I know that it's worth it! So, are you in? Let me know how you are doing if you are!!
Friday, July 1, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Yes, that's an entire bag of marshmallows on the floor.. she likes to dump things out
bags of chips, bananas, juice... you name it- it has been on my floor!!
This girl loves her fruits and veggies.. we always laugh when she won't eat anything but her veggies.. don't get me wrong, she LOVES chocolate and 'teats' more than anything but I justify the treat consumption with her veggie intake :) ha ha
oh ya and one more reason as to why I don't have time to blog.. Little miss KC decided she wanted mascara on just like mommy.. luckily she didn't poke her eye out but she definitely didn't like when I had to scrub her face to get it off..
Posted by jess at 8:53 PM
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Posted by jess at 10:25 AM
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
A couple of things about this video:
*yes, that is Hilary Duff playing in the background.. don't hate
* apparently KC is not only walking but running.. and DANCING!!
* if the camera is a little shaky it may or may not be because i didn't want to miss out on the dance party..
Posted by jess at 12:02 PM
Friday, March 4, 2011
umm not so sure about the pilot seat on the boat...
Hanging out with Mom.. KC like to pretend to take the picture...
Just playing on the kitchen countertop..
We thought she might like to play in the snow...
but if this look on her face is any indication of her sentiments....
she lasted all of 5 minutes (maybe)
Aunt Brandee has created a monster.. KC thinks that where there's a laundry basket,
Here's cute (newly baptized) cousin Cade helping KC walk around
She absolutely adores him.. and the feeling is mutual!!
Posted by jess at 10:23 AM
Monday, February 28, 2011
I should have known better than commit myself to a whole month of posting.. But in order avoid complete failure here are 11 more things that I "love"
18. I love shopping for shoes.. seeing that my feet appear to be the only part of my body that has found it necessary to return to their original shape and size post-partum.
19. I love buying children's books at Costco.. I rarely make a visit there without purchasing a book for KC. If you haven't ever checked them out you need to.
20. I love Red Robin, if it has been a couple weeks I have Jesse stop and pick some up on the way home. I highly recommend the Barbeque Chicken Wrap!
21. My favorite animal is a Lion.. a big male lion, I just love the majestic look about them and when they let go of a huge earth-shaking roar, it gives me chills!!
22. My favorite place to travel is New York City... a) there's so much to see, b) you can eat all you want because you will walk a million miles or more, c) the christmas windows at Macey's are fantastic d) Broadway... need I say more?!?
23. I love Victoria's Secret swimsuits.. I usually wait until the end of the Spring or Summer and can usually find a really good deal. They hold up so well and who doesn't love all the extra "support" they offer for your girls!!
24. My favorite time of year is Spring. I love spring showers, I love when my tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths start to blossom and the smell in the air, I love watching everything turn green after being dead and brown for months.
25. I love all types of music.. I can listen to anything from classical, country, rock, pop, latin, and so much more.. it's amazing how music can alter your mood!
26. I love to travel and would love to travel all over the United States in a motor home once Jesse and I are retired!
27. I love the game show network.. I admit that sometimes when there is nothing good on tv I have been known to watch hours of Lingo, Deal or No deal, and family feud.
28. I love word games.. I look forward to doing the crossword puzzles in the newspaper each day, I love to play "word mole" on my blackberry. They say that those types of games help with dementia and alzheimers in old age so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will keep the crazy away for at least a few years.
There's a little insight into what makes my world go around...
Posted by jess at 4:09 PM
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I am pretty sure that this entry speaks for itself.. "I am addicted to t.v." Thank Goodness for the invention of tivo.. or I think I might spend all my time watching t.v. I love love love Glee.. it sometimes reminds me of my experience in chamber choir.. not to brag but we really could throw a song together just like they do in Glee...
If you aren't watching the amazing race you are seriously missing out, it's dramatic, informative, funny, and seriously gets you itching to travel the world.
Ahh Grey's, it's still one of my favorites even if it's CRAZY.. I don't realize it until I try to explain to someone else (my husband) and they give me the WTF face!! ha ha
What can I say??? I love gossip girl.. and apparently I am addicted to slutty, scandalous, t.v.
here's my redeeming show... I love to see the transformations that take place in both body and soul.. I would just love for Jyllian to come and kick my butt in the gym for just a week and see what results I would get!!
Posted by jess at 12:28 PM
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Posted by jess at 8:35 PM
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
#8 It's only appropriate that when talking about friends I mention my oldest and dearest friend. I love that Shelly and I have been friends since we were in preschool.
I love that we still talk at least weekly- even if it's just to catch up on our reactions to The Bachelor, Gossip Girl, Biggest Loser, Vampire Diaries, etc..
I love that neither of us has to knowck when we walk into the other's house...
I love that we can be 100% honest with each other with no hard feelings
No doubt about it.. I have been truly blessed in the friend department!!
Posted by jess at 7:19 PM
Monday, February 7, 2011
I hope you aren't confused by my waiting a whole week to post about my dad.. he is by far one of my favorite people in the entire universe. My dad and I have a special bond, one that has been formed through him coaching all my sports teams in my youth, having long heart-felt talks when I needed him the most, and sharing some hilarious moments together that left us both crying from laughing so hard! My dad and I are very similar people and I treasure the fact that we have such a good relationship. I love that my dad still gives me hugs and kisses and lets me sit on his lap. I love that when i call to chat we have lengthy conversations about things that really matter, I love that despite my age- my dad still supports me in anything I do. I know there are some really great dads out there but my dad is the absolute BEST!!!
Posted by jess at 7:47 PM
Sunday, February 6, 2011
I couldn't even begin to start with all of the things I "love" about my mom.. I can honestly say that I couldn't and wouldn't have survived this last year without her, she has been there for me no matter what time of day or day of the week and I really appreciate it. I love that my mom is so kind and giving, she is always going above and beyond to do things for others. She is funny and always makes me laugh (sometime unintentionally). She is such a strong woman who stands up for what she believes in no matter what. I didn't always think I would want to be like my mom when I grew up but I find myself doing, saying, and reacting to things just as she would and I couldn't be happier. I feel so blessed to have a mother like I do!!
Posted by jess at 7:03 PM
Saturday, February 5, 2011
I don't know what I would do without these ladies.. I "love" each of them for different reasons because they are all so different but they are my best friends and are always there for me!
Dawn- is our very thoughtful sister who takes time to make sure that we are all doing ok and that we are all included in every family gathering. She is a great mom and has definitely helped me with "new mommy" issues so many times this past year!
Carli- we are very close in age so we have always had each other to play barbies with, to talk with, and to hang out with. Carli is is such a great aunt to our sweet little KC, they just love each other.
Brandee (Boo)- we haven't always been close but in the last year Brandee and I have become buddies. She always takes such good care of my little munchkin and joins us on little shopping adventures every once in a while.. which we all enjoy!
Posted by jess at 10:43 AM
Friday, February 4, 2011
It would be impossible for me to put into words what it is I "LOVE" about Brazil so here are a few pictures-----
1. Frutas- Fruits.. for those you who have never had the luxury of fresh fruit juice with your morning meal you are missing out!! 2. Praias-Beaches.. who doesn't love a good beach? For those who don't know, Brazil has some of the best beaches. Oh ya and FYI you can rent a 5 bedroom mansion of a beach house for $700/week.. anyone want to take a vacation to Brazil with us?
3. Coxinhas e Acaraje- There is no translation for these 2 foods but trust me they are sooo delicious.. I could (and have) eaten these every day for the rest of my life!!
Posted by jess at 10:10 AM
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Posted by jess at 7:16 PM
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
So due to my lack of posts lately I thought I would dedicate a whole month to the things I LOVE!!! I realize that it's already the 2nd so I have to write about 2 things I love but they should go without saying.. 1. My hubby.. I realize I have mentioned this but I seriously have the best husband in the world. He is so patient with me, is such a great daddy, works so hard to support our family, and best of all he makes me laugh!
2. Our Miss KC.. I can think of no better way to start my day than seeing her cute smiling face. KC is such a friendly baby- we can't go anywhere without her waving to everyone we see.. sometimes she gets so frustrated when the person/people don't acknowledge her and wave back. KC definitely keeps us on our toes, she goes 1 million miles/second and will quickly destroy an entire room if no one is watching.
So, there you have it my first 2 loves for the month of LOVE.. Stay tuned for many more things that I am passionate about!
Posted by jess at 8:42 PM
I apologize for the lack of posts lately but quite honestly there hasn't been much going on here... But for the sake of keeping anyone interested here are the latest and greatest in our little world.
1. we put our house up for sale, so if you know anyone looking for an older home in Ut.-let me know!
2. miss KC is still not walking.. she stands by herself, dances all the time while standing, takes a couple of steps and then.. nada. at what age did all of your children start walking?
3. My sister Carli is expecting a baby BOY this summer.. we are so excited and can't wait to meet the new little fella!
4. I may have 2 xtra tickets to katie perry this summer.. if you're interested-let me know.
So really, not much going on in our world, we are just enjoying each other and trying to stay warm in this ridiculously frigid weather! I hope all of you are doing well!!
Posted by jess at 7:51 PM